Leadership Lenexa – Celebrating 30 Years of Education and Inspiration
Leadership Lenexa, a program of the Lenexa Chamber of Commerce, was founded in 1987 and was developed to educate area business and community professionals in various aspects affecting life and business in Lenexa and surrounding areas. Participants develop an understanding of the opportunities, challenges and problems for Lenexa and the region.
- Provides more than an education, it helps cultivate relationships.
- Builds both business and personal contacts
- For newcomers, it is an orientation to the community
- Opportunity to hear from some of the area’s top business and community leaders and elected officials
- Get connected – Leadership Lenexa Alumni Association, community projects and volunteer opportunities
Leadership Lenexa participants will gain an awareness of the community through a series of nine, one-day sessions, February through June. Prior to graduation in June, participants will have heard from business and community leaders, participated in site tours, met local, county and state elected officials, examined current trends in education and discovered the secrets to a successful economic development program.
The group develops and completes a community service project of their own design and participates in teambuilding exercises.
Class members are involved in planning session for the following year’s program and become members of the Leadership Lenexa Alumni Association.
Applications are due Thursday, December 16th. Please see application for tuition information.
2017 Session Dates
Contact Julie Steiner with any questions: 913-888-1414 ext. 206