What is Governmental Affairs?
How does the Chamber utilize government relations to promote a pro-business environment in our community? The Chamber continuously works within the legislative arena on our members’ behalf:
- Developing members’ concerns into a pro-business legislative platform and advocating policies that promote business success.
- Educating public officials about the business community.
- Producing reports and updates that help members to track legislative action.
- Producing nonpartisan information about candidates and elections, helping members and their employees to make informed voting decisions.
- Facilitating a broad range of opportunities for meaningful interaction between members and elected officials.
- Providing public presentations on advocacy and the legislative process.
It’s Good for Business!
How does having a strong voice in government benefit Chamber members? The Chamber’s government relations efforts contribute to the success of area businesses by:
- Enabling the Chamber to actively pursue governmental policies that promote a strong business climate and encourage business growth.
- Keeping members well-informed about public policy matters that impact the business community, empowering members to respond quickly and effectively.
- Enhancing the Chamber’s visibility and influence with local, state, and federal elected officials.
- Serving as an informational resource to members and the public on legislative matters.