Leadership Lenexa will be back in 2022!
“Leadership Lenexa 2020 provided me the good fortune to cultivate relationships with fellow businesses while providing the opportunity to learn more about the workings of my City, County and the State. I am appreciative of the time and commitment by top business leaders, community leaders and elected officials who informed us of their operations and goals.
We kept connected online and with our community service project at the Lenexa Golf Tournament in support of Heart to Heart International. My class was diverse and fun to get to know – I would not hesitate to reach out to any of them for advice or assistance! The value of the awareness and involvement from the Leadership Program was an amazing investment for me as a new business owner.”
– Sue Buckley, Owner/CEO, City Publications – KC
Leadership Lenexa, a program of the Lenexa Chamber of Commerce, was founded in 1987 and was developed to educate area business and community professionals in various aspects affecting life and business in Lenexa and surrounding areas. Participants develop an understanding of the opportunities, challenges and problems for Lenexa and the region.
- Provides more than an education, it helps cultivate relationships.
- Builds both business and personal contacts
- For newcomers, it is an orientation to the community
- Opportunity to hear from some of the area’s top business and community leaders and elected officials
- Get connected – Leadership Lenexa Alumni Association, community projects and volunteer opportunities
Leadership Lenexa participants will gain an awareness of the community through a series of full and part-day sessions. Prior to graduation in June, participants will have heard from business and community leaders, participated in site tours, met local, county and state elected officials, examined current trends in education and discovered the secrets to a successful economic development program.
The group develops and completes a community service project of their own design and participates in team building exercises.